Our two guest bedrooms are large, with antique bathrooms, comfortable beds,
fluffy duvets and thick quilts.
The first overlooks the sea, and can have either twin beds or a large, 6
foot bed, and has lovely Victorian walnut furniture and Chinese-style rugs.
The ensuite bathroom has an 1860s roll top bath and loo.
The second bedroom, based on the décor of William Morris, looks onto our
woodland where wild
red deer, foxes and badgers
The large ensuite bathroom has an unusually big modern shower, an
equally big roll-top bath for those who want to wallow, a Victorian loo and
We charge £100 per room per night (i.e. £50 per person per night bed and
- Savour a taste of Edwardian grandeur.
- Listen to the waves on the seashore.
- Wander in our seventeen acre private woodland.
- Watch the changing colours of the sea from the drawing room.
- Take tea on our Victorian terraces.
- Enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony.
- Relax over dinner in our panelled dining room.
- Hear the owls call at night.
- Breathe in the sea air.
- Soak in the tranquillity of our lovely North Devon home.
For more details, look at our full website:
What Alastair Sawday says in “Special Places to Stay”
An Argentinian chandelier, antique
French radiators, a rediscovered Victorian garden; we love this gorgeous,
grandly idiosyncratic house overlooking the sea.
Eccentric owners have left their mark
on what was originally the Manor House. Kate and Barry are young,
enthusiastic - and sane!
Vast bedrooms have rich carpets, big beds, antique
flourishes. Bathrooms are fabulous one-offs – roll top baths to porcelain
Tea in the drawing room or the terraces, dinner in the panelled dining
room; at breakfast, local produce.
Spot deer in the woodland, walk to the
beach, hike along the coast. Great fun.